We use hemp because of its durability, absorbency, and it's natural anti-microbial properties. This means your baby will be protected naturally from bacteria, mold, mildew and fungus.
Furthermore using hemp, instead of cotton, really is better for the environment. Hemp does not deplete the soil; in fact hemp leaves return nitrogen back to the soil, which improves soil fertility, therefore requiring less fertilizer for subsequent rotated crops.
Interesting Factoids about Hemp:
Did you know ...
- Hemp can displace cotton which is grown with massive amounts of chemicals harmful to people and the environment. Fifty percent of the world's pesticides are sprayed on cotton.
- Hemp fibers are longer, stronger, more absorbent, and more mildew-resistant than cotton. The original Levi Strauss jeans made for the Sierra gold miners were made of hemp sailcloth.
- At a volume level of 81%, hemp oil is the richest known source of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids (the “good” fats). It is quite high in some essential amino acids, including gamma linoleic acid (GLA), a very rare nutrient also found in mother's milk.
- Hemp is good for the soil in which it's grown, as opposed to other crops that deplete the soil of nutrients.
- You can't get high from industrial hemp.
- Industrial hemp actually poses a threat to marijuana growers by cross-pollinating with their high THC plants, and greatly reducing the THC level in subsequent generations.
- George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew hemp.
- Ben Franklin owned a mill that made hemp paper.
- Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence on hemp paper.
Prefold Medium (12 to 20 lbs)
Made from 2-3-2 layers of luxuriously soft 55% natural hemp & 45% certified organic c ...
Outfit your baby the all natural way with BabyKicks Hemp Booties. The soft material is b ...
Great Cloth Diaper Change 2013
Join us to break the Guinness World Record and learn more about cloth diapering. Have a chance to chat with local cloth diaper-ers and win prizes! ...
Great Cloth Diaper Hunt
BabyKicks is taking part in the 13th Cloth Nappy Hunt! Can you find the hidden icon on our website? To find out all the details visit us on Fac...